Cryogenic gate valve is one of the important flow control equipment in cryogenic pipeline systems, especially suitable for services requiring valves featuring high sealing performance, swift on-off and low flow-resistance. EDVC most advanced design principle and most stringent manufacturing standard to design and manufacture cryogenic gate valve which helps EDVC cryogenic gate valve build up a reputation for reliable sealing performance, low operation torque, high stability in cryogenic service and long lifespan. Presently, EDVC cryogenic gate valves have been installed in several LNG liquefaction plants and terminals.
This valve is designed to withstand the harsh working conditions of industrial processes. It is especially suitable for working conditions with severely low or cryogenic temperatures of up to -150°C. It is made to carry and store cryogenic media efficiently and safely.
A cryogenic gate valve is usually made from carbon steel, stainless steel, and cast steel. Moreover, it is made with an extended bonnet to protect the stem from the extremely cold media.
This valve type is often seen in applications that deal with liquefied natural gas (LNG), ethylene, and compressed natural gas (CNG). It is also used in tank services, gas production plants, and low-pressure trailers.
Product Range :
- Size: 2" - 48" or DN50 - DN1200
- Pressure: Class150～2500(PN10~PN420)
- Temperature: -196℃~-46℃
- Body material: Cryogenic Carbon steel, stainless steel,carbon steel, cast steel
- Connection: RF, RTJ, BW
- Design & Manufacture Std.: BS 1873 , ASME B16.34
- Face to Face Dimension: ASME B16.10
- Connecting Dimensions.: ASME B16.5(for NPS≤24)；ASME B16.47(for NPS＞24);
- Operated Way: Hand wheel , Bevel Gear, Pneumatic, Electric,etc
Features and benefits:
All basic design features of Velan cast steel gate valves are adapted to special service conditions at cryogenic temperatures.
ADDITIONAL DESIGN FEATURES:
● Extended bonnets with sufficient gas column length, usually specified by customer, are supplied for all valves to keep stem packing at sufficient distance away from the cold fluid to remain functional.
● Flexible wedges with CoCr alloy seating faces for cryogenic service.
● Cleaning: All cryogenic valves are thoroughly degreased and cleaned and pipe ends are sealed to prevent contamination.